With the aim of strengthening the leadership of its French industrial base in the growing electric vehicle market, Groupe Renault plans to:
"The acceleration of our investments in France for electric vehicles will increase the competitiveness and attractiveness of our French industrial sites. Within the framework of its Drive the Future strategic plan and with the Alliance, Groupe Renault is giving itself the means to maintain its leadership in the electric vehicle market and to continue to develop new sustainable mobility solutions for all".
In an electric vehicle market with strong potential, the Alliance is the world leader in electric vehicles and Groupe Renault is the leader in Europe. Renault posted 38% growth in electric vehicle sales in Europe, with a 44% increase in ZOE registrations and a 23.8% market share in 2017.
Renault previously announced that it plans to recruit 5,000 employees on permanent contracts in France between 2017 and 2019 and to spend 235 million euros on training over the same period. Focused on the future, Renault's plants are adapting to meet the demands of their customers and the new challenges of the automotive sector. The Group intends to continue the modernisation and digitalisation of its French industrial network to ensure a high level of activity at its sites.
- Turnover of more than 70 billion euros
- Group operating margin of more than 7%, representing an increase of more than 50% in value, with a floor of 5% over the life of the plan
- Positive cash flow each year
- 4.2 billion in Monozukuri savings over the life of the plan
- 18 billion euros of investment in research and development
- More than 5 million vehicles sold, doubling sales outside Europe
- Leadership on the electric vehicle: 8 electric models, 12 electrified models
- 100% of vehicles connected to key markets and 15 autonomous Renault vehicles