- Maximum power has been increased to 220hp at peak revs, 6,250rpm. - Maximum torque rises to 260Nm (a gain of 20Nm), although a figure of 280Nm is possible thanks to a ‘torque boost’ feature in fourth and fifth gears. - By stepping up to meeting Euro6 emissions standards, the car’s CO2 output improves by six grams, to 138g/km*.
- There is greater flexibility in ‘Sport’ mode to be able to combine driving enjoyment in built-up areas and on open roads. - A Stop&Start system works in ‘Normal’ mode but is deactivated in ‘Sport’ and‘Race’ modes.
-Ultra-quick steering: a new, faster rack (with ratio reduced from 14.5:1 to 13.2:1) makes steering even more precise and incredibly direct – the best system on the market. -Tyres: the Clio R.S. 220 Trophy EDC is fitted with high-performance Michelin Pilot Super Sport 205/40R18 rubber.
- Pearlescent Givre, a new and distinctive matt body colour (optionally available with gloss black roof), has been added to the range alongside Glacier White, Deep Black, Flamme Red and Sirius Yellow.
- 18-inch black diamond-effect RADICAL wheels.
- Trophy badging on the front spoiler, door trims and individually numbered door sills.
- Embossed leather steering wheel.
-Trophy interior pack (optional in some markets): heated leather sports seats with integral head rests, plus carbon-look air-vent surrounds, door handles and gear lever base plate. The air-vent inserts are now in satin chrome rather than anodised red.
- As an option, the Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is available with the R.S. Monitor on-board telemetry system. Potent and fun, its features include a setting that gives the driver five different levels of throttle pedal sensitivity.
The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is a numbered limited edition that provides value for money in performance terms (220hp for less than €30,000). It is aimed at the most demanding customers, such as track-day enthusiasts and those who appreciate a cutting-edge manner or Renault Sport’s unrivalled expertise.
The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy will first go on sale in Europe, from June 2015, before being released in about 10 other countries, including Australia, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.
* Fuel consumption and CO emissions homologated in accordance with appropriate legislation