All about New Renault Mégane Estate--
We put New Renault Mégane Estate GT through its paces along some delightful country roads, to give you some idea of its very considerable virtues.
The new MEGANE Estate GT, which was unveiled at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, offers a combination of the following:
- A design inspired by Renault Sport’s DNA and a high carrying capacity,
- 4CONTROL technology with four-wheel steering,
- Two specific engines: Energy TCe 205 EDC and Energy dCi 165 EDC.
A dynamic, elegant design
This is the lowest vehicle in its class, it also has the widest track to enhance its solid stance.
Note the distinctive light signature, with 3D-effect LED technology.
High-tech, dynamic and comfortable
The boot is eminently versatile, and the ride wonderfully comfortable: New Mégane Estate is great to drive, and a pleasure for passengers too.
The new MEGANE Estate has numerous features inherited from the new Espace and the Talisman that are usually found only in higher segments.
New Renault MEGANE Estate Technologies:
• A connected driving experience courtesy of the R-LINK 2 8.7-inch multimedia touchscreen tablet
• A personalised driving experience thanks to MULTI-SENSE technology
• Colour head-up display and driving aids
The new MEGANE Estate GT – a new level of driving enjoyment with 4CONTROL
The new MEGANE Estate GT is the first estate car in its segment to benefit from 4CONTROL technology which acts on the steering of the rear wheels.
This technology generates a sporty, dynamic and precise cornering feel. The car’s handling feels sharper and more reassuring and inspires genuine driving pleasure, whatever mode has been selected.
Moreover, this system provides a high degree of cornering stability at high speeds and easy manoeuvrability at low speeds, and, for an estate, the new MEGANE Estate GT is remarkably agile in built-up areas.
The new Mégane GT offers a choice of four driving settings calibrated to meet the needs of different drivers at different moments:
- The Sport mode brings out the best in the sporty qualities of the new MEGANE Estate GT, with the R.S. Drive button serving as an instant shortcut.
- The Neutral mode is the default selection when the vehicle starts up and offers the optimum balance between sportiness and comfort for everyday use.
- The Comfort mode optimises fuel consumption by switching certain functions to an economy setting.
- The Perso mode can be configured by the driver, enabling them to adapt the vehicle to suit their mood of the moment.
The new MEGANE Estate, the Estate GT-Line and the Estate GT will go on sale on September 1. Dealerships started taking orders for the models on June 1.