The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy: a new additional to the Trophy family--
A Clio R.S. that’s even more potent in every domain
- Engine: Thanks to revised engine mapping, it now has 10 percent more power and up to an extra 40Nm of torque. It also benefits from a larger turbo, an air intake designed to minimise pressure losses and a revised exhaust system to accommodate the latest Euro6 catalytic converter (and minimise back pressure losses).
- Maximum power has been increased to 220hp at peak revs, 6,250rpm. - Maximum torque rises to 260Nm (a gain of 20Nm), although a figure of 280Nm is possible thanks to a ‘torque boost’ feature in fourth and fifth gears. - By stepping up to meeting Euro6 emissions standards, the car’s CO2 output improves by six grams, to 138g/km*.
- Refined EDC transmission: gear changes are now up to 30 percent faster. - Down changes are now more rapid, thanks notably to reduced travel of the steering wheel paddles.
- There is greater flexibility in ‘Sport’ mode to be able to combine driving enjoyment in built-up areas and on open roads. - A Stop&Start system works in ‘Normal’ mode but is deactivated in ‘Sport’ and‘Race’ modes.
- A lower, stiffer Trophy chassis: the Clio is lower by 20mm at the front, 10mm at the rear (unladen). Firmer shock absorbers have been fitted and are coupled with hydraulic bump stops.
-Ultra-quick steering: a new, faster rack (with ratio reduced from 14.5:1 to 13.2:1) makes steering even more precise and incredibly direct – the best system on the market. -Tyres: the Clio R.S. 220 Trophy EDC is fitted with high-performance Michelin Pilot Super Sport 205/40R18 rubber.
Immediately recognisable…and seductive
- A sporting stance:
- Pearlescent Givre, a new and distinctive matt body colour (optionally available with gloss black roof), has been added to the range alongside Glacier White, Deep Black, Flamme Red and Sirius Yellow.
- 18-inch black diamond-effect RADICAL wheels.
- Trophy badging on the front spoiler, door trims and individually numbered door sills.
- Equipment tailored to enthusiasts:
- Embossed leather steering wheel.
-Trophy interior pack (optional in some markets): heated leather sports seats with integral head rests, plus carbon-look air-vent surrounds, door handles and gear lever base plate. The air-vent inserts are now in satin chrome rather than anodised red.
- As an option, the Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is available with the R.S. Monitor on-board telemetry system. Potent and fun, its features include a setting that gives the driver five different levels of throttle pedal sensitivity.
The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy is a numbered limited edition that provides value for money in performance terms (220hp for less than €30,000). It is aimed at the most demanding customers, such as track-day enthusiasts and those who appreciate a cutting-edge manner or Renault Sport’s unrivalled expertise.
The Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy will first go on sale in Europe, from June 2015, before being released in about 10 other countries, including Australia, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.
* Fuel consumption and CO emissions homologated in accordance with appropriate legislation