The Talisman: new saloon unveiled--
Our new saloon packs style and real driving enjoyment
While its status-enhancing styling ticks all the boxes that D-segment customers have come to appreciate, the evocatively-named with its assertive styling, warm, spacious cabin and comfort-enhancing innovations is delivering an even higher standard of wellbeing and driving enjoyment for its class.
Following its unveil to the media on July 6, 2015, the Talisman – along with the estate version, which features all the same qualities as the saloon – will be presented at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show which opens its gates to the public on September 17.
The Talisman is poised to play an active part in the renewal and upgrading of our high-end range and will be manufactured at the firm’s Douai plant in France. The new compact executive saloon will be available for sale in Europe at the end of the year.
THE TALISMAN: AT A GLANCE
SLEEK STYLING AND A GENEROUSLY-PROPORTIONED SALOON CAR
- Length: 4.85m / Width: 1.87m / Height: 1.46m / Wheelbase: 2.81m
- Rear knee room: 262mm – thanks to innovative new
- Boot volume (VDA): 608dm3 / Total cabin stowage: 25 dm3
Nine metallic finishes with high-durability lacquer: Pearlescent White, Dune Beige, Cosmos Blue, Vison Brown, Cassiopée Grey, Platine Grey, Etoilé Black, Carmin Red and Améthyste Black (Initiale Paris version). One non-metallic finish with high-durability lacquer: Glacier White
Five types of alloy wheels (16- to 19-inches).
- Diesel (with six-speed transmission, from 95g of CO2/km): Energy dCi 110 (manual or EDC), 130 (manual or EDC), dCi 160 (EDC)
- Petrol (with seven-speed EDC transmission): Energy TCe 150, Energy TCe 200
UNRIVALLED COMFORT, STABILITY AND AGILITY
- Unique association of 4Control technology (four-wheel steering) and active damping
- A personalisable driving experience courtesy of Multi-Sense technology (Comfort, Sport, Eco, Neutral and Perso modes)
- A shortcut button to switch instantly between Sport and Comfort modes
INGENIOUS INNOVATIONS THAT MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Full-LED front lights, a new C-shape lighting signature and permanently-lit rear lights
- Cowling-shielded, configurable digital instrument panel
- Colour head-up display
- Sound and lighting ambience co-ordinated by the selected Multi-Sense setting
- Ventilated and massaging front seats with 10-way adjustment
- Semi-rigid shell: Cover Carving Technology
- 60/40-split rear bench seat with variable-density foam pivotingad rests and ski hatch
- R-Link 2 touchscreen tablet, with large capacitive seven-inch (landscape format) or 8.7-inch (portrait format) display – catalogue of applications via the R-Link Store
- BOSE® Surround Sound, conversion of stereo signal into multi-channel signal, specific equaliser -13 loudspeakers
- Comprehensive range of ADAS driving aids
- Hands-free parking
If you missed the press conference, a rebroadcast video here.