The Busan plant is the Renault group's biggest production site in Asia. Flexible production system capable of simultaneously manufacturing multi-models (8 models), it builds vehicles primarily for the local market but a growing proportion now go for export. This industrial site comprising a body/assembly unit and a power train unit.
- FOUNDED IN: 1995
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Company 80.1% owned by Renault and 19.9% by Samsung
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, powertrains, logistic platform
- WORKFORCE: 2,082 at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 1 line
- MODELS BUILT: Twizy, SM3/Fluence, SM3 Z.E/Fluence Z.E, SM5/Latitude, SM6/Talisman, SM7, Nissan Rogue, QM6/Koleos 2
- AREA: 165 ha, o/w 53 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025
- ADDRESS: Busan plant, 185 Shinho Industrial Complex, Kangseo-Gu, Busan, Korea 618-722
- TELEPHONE: + 82 519 79 70 00
- Vehicles: Twizy, SM3/Fluence, SM3 Z.E/Fluence Z.E, SM5/Latitude, SM6/Talisman, SM7, Nissan Rogue, QM6/Koleos 2
- Powertrains: M4R, M5R, M5Mt, M5Pt, VQ, H4
- SM3 / Fluence: 5 085 units
- SM3 Z.E. / Fluence Z.E.: 1 212 units
- SM5 / Latitude: 10 002 units
- SM6 / Talisman: 26 198 units
- SM7: 4 869 units
- Nissan Rogue: 107 251 units
- QM6 / Koléos 2: 61 234 units
- Engines: 89 214 units
- 1995: creation of Samsung Motors Inc. and construction of the Busan plant in accordance with Nissan technology standards.
- 1998: manufacturing of SM5 begins.
- 2000: acquisition of the Korean group by Renault which holds 80,1% of the capital and creation of Renault Samsung Motors (RSM).
- 2002: manufacturing of SM3 begins.
- 2003: manufacturing of SM5 2004 begins.
- 2004: launch of SM3 CVTC 1.6(July) Launch of SM7 (December).
- 2005: new SM5 launched. SM3 New Generation start of sales.
- 2007: June 22, Start production of M4R Engine. Nov 15, Launch of QM5 (Koléos).
- 2008: start production of New SM3.
- 2009: start production of New SM5.
- 2011: start production of New SM7, New QM5 (Koléos).
- 2013: start production of SM3 ZE (Fluence ZE).
- 2014: start production of Nissan Rogue for North America.
- 2016: start production of SM6, start production of QM5.
- 2017: 300 000 unit production of Nissan Rogue.
- 2018: production of 3 million vehicles since 2000.