The factory produces engines (electric and internal combustion) and gearboxes for the Renault range. It also supplies components to Dacia, Renault Samsung Motors and Nissan in the framework of the Alliance, and to Fiat and Daimler.
- FOUNDED IN: 1958
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: “S.N.C.” (general partnership) with capital of €28,127,600, 98,91% owned by Renault SAS (France)
- ACTIVITY: Gearboxes, engines, foundry
- WORKFORCE: 3,492 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 155 ha, o/w 40 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SMR and HPR labels.
- ADDRESS: Usine Renault de Cléon - BP 105 - 76410 Cléon - France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 86 81 81
- Engines: M9R, M9T, R9M, R9N, F4 / Electric engine: R240
- Gearboxes: PK, PF
- Foundry parts (aluminium) and pinion collections
- Engines: 556 716 units
- Electric engines: 100 168 units
- Gearboxes: 372 776 units
- Foundry parts (aluminium): 16 721 tons
- 1958: creation of the Cléon plant which produces gearboxes.
- 1960: construction of a second building dedicated to engines.
- 1964: creation of the aluminium foundry. Casting of the first aluminium cylinder blocks for the Renault 16 model.
- 1970: construction of a new building for the production of gearboxes, and then engines.
- 1999: Cléon foundry becomes part of Teksid, 66.5%-held by Fiat and 33.5%-held by Renault.
- 2000: development of flexible production lines.
- 2001: transfer of the Prototype Mechanical Part Manufacturing Department to Cléon.
- 2005: production start-up of the M9R (2.0 dCi), the first Alliance engine, and the PK4 gearbox.
- 2007: an overseas dock was built to ship M9 engines directly to Japan and South Korea.
- 2008: 50th anniversary of the plant.
- 2011: integration of the foudry at the plant. Start of production of Energy dCi 130 engine.
- 2012: opening ceremony of the Global Training Center.
- 2013: production of the interconnection box for electric engine gen2.
- 2014: production launch of the twin-turbo engine for the Alliance.
- 2015: production of the Renault R240 electric motor launched.
- 2016: 25% increase in production.
- 2017: inauguration of the 3 new ASL (Alliance Standard Line) machining lines.
- 2018: 60th anniversary of the plant.
- 2019: "Referant plant of industry 4.0" label / production of 200.000 GMPE.
- 2020: in January, AILN France (previously the logistics entity AILN Grand-Couronne) moves to new facilities in Cléon.