Built in 1998, the Ayrton Senna complex in Curitiba (Brazil) is now one of the Renault Group's main industrial sites in South America. It is organised into 3 production units: passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and mechanics (engines) with the addition of a foundry. In 20 years, the site has manufactured more than 3 million vehicles and 4 million engines for the local and export market.
- FOUNDED IN: 1998
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company) 96.18% owned by COFAL, and 3.82% by the State of Parana
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, powertrains, spare parts, foundry
- WORKFORCE: 5,720 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 250 ha, o/w 13 ha for the passenger car bodywork-assembly unit, 8.5 ha for the LCV bodywork-assembly unit and 3.3 ha for the powertrain unit
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 9002 and EAQF 94
- ADDRESS: Ayrton Senna plant / Renault plant, Estratda da Roseira – BR 277 – km73, 83070 83070-900 Sao José dos Pinhais, Brazil
- TELEPHONE: + 55 413 80 20 00
- Passenger car: Logan 2, Sandero 2, Sandero 2 Stepway, Sandero 2 RS, Kwid, Duster 1, Duster 1 Oroch, Nouveau Captur Long, Master 3
- LCV: Renault Master, Duster Oroch
- Engines: B4D, K4M, H4M
- Casting: Aluminum
Assembly Plant production:
- Master 3: 10,326 units
- Duster 1: 25,126 units
- Nouveau Duster: 107 units
- Duster Oroch: 35,159 units
- Logan 2: 28 818 units
- Sandero 2: 52,813 units
- Captur: 36,925 units
- Kwid: 122,585 units
- Engines: 296,509 units
- Aluminum casting: 4,228 tons
- 1997: creation of Renault do Brasil Automoveis (RDBA) 60%-held by COFAL.
- 1998: official opening of the ‘Ayrton Senna’ plant.
- 1999: official opening of the ‘Mecanica Mercosul’ Engine plant. Launch of the New Clio.
- 2001: official opening of the Engine plant’s manufacturing lines and the stamping. Official opening of the spare parts warehouse under the Alliance. Official opening of the LCVs plant, first plant built under the Alliance.
- 2004: production of the K4M (1.6L 16V) dual fuel (petrol and ethanol) engine.
- 2005: announcement of Mégane II sedan production start-up. Launch of a full range of Flex Fuel engines (1.0 and 1.6 multivalve bi-fuel units). Manufacturing approval for the New Mégane.
- 2007: launch of Grand Scénic in March, Mégane CC Sandero and Logan in June. Inauguration of Renault Technology America.
- 2009: launch of the Symbol.
- 2011: launch of the Duster; 1 million vehicules manufactured.
- 2012: inauguration of new Press Shop builiding; Launch of New Master.
- 2013: launch of the New Master (March) and the New Logan (November); Inauguration of the new CPL (Logistic Preparation Center).
- 2014: launch of the New Sandero (June) and the New Sandero Stepway (October); Announcement of the new investments for production of 2 new models; 3 million engines; 2 million vehicules manufactured.
- 2015: manufacturing Approval of Duster Oroch and installation of a new press. Launch of Duster Oroch. Launch of Sandero R.S 2.0.
- 2016: launch of Captur in Brazil ; Launch of BR10 and H4M at the engines plant.
- 2017: launch of Kwid and Master.
- 2018: launch of Duster Oroch ; Inauguration of the new Casting plant. 20 years of Ayrton Senna Complex. 4 million engines; 3 million vehicles manufactured.
- 2019: launch of Kwid Outsider (May) Launch of Sandero, Logan, Stepway ph2 (July), Launch of captur Bose (October).
- 2019: launch of Sandero, Logan, Stepway ph2 (July). Transfer of Duster Oroch from the passenger car plant to the commercial vehicle plant.
- 2020: launch of Duster 2