The Renault Sofasa factory in Envigado (Colombia) was set up in 1969. The plant has just reached a record production figure having assembled a total of 1,500,000 vehicles in 15 different Renault models. Currently, it produces the Top 4 best-selling cars in the country: the Renault Sandero, the Logan, the Sandero Stepway and the Duster.
- FOUNDED IN: 1969
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Limited company fully owned by Renault
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly
- WORKFORCE: 1 148 at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 1 line
- MODELS BUILT: Logan 2, Sandero 2, Duster 1
- AREA: 19.8 ha o/w 7.5 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9002, NTC OHSAS 18001, EAQF A94
- ADDRESS: Envigado Plant, Carrera 49 No. 39 sur 100, Envigado (Antioquia), Colombia
- TELEPHONE: + 574 335 96 43
- Logan 2: 14 734 units
- Sandero 2: 24 611 units
- Duster 1: 29 909 units
- 1969: creation of Sofasa held by Renault and IFI (State organization).
- 1970: official opening of the Envigado Renault plant in Medellin.
- 1989: acquisition of the IFI’s stake by Renault, raising its own stake in Sofasa to 98%. Sofasa becomes Sofasa Renault.
- 1990: sale of 25% stake in Sofasa Renault to Toyota (17.5%) and Mitsui (7.5%) as part of an agreement for the production and distribution of Toyota LCVs.
- 1994: sale of 51.3% stake in Sofasa Renault to Bavaria, a company of the Santo Domingo group. Sofasa Renault becomes Sofasa SA.
- 1999: manufacturing of Mégane.
- 2001: manufacturing of Clio begins, followed by Clio II.
- 2003: Renault, Toyota and Mitsui acquire the shares held by Bavaria. New shareholding structure of Sofasa SA (Renault 60%, Toyota 28% and Mitsui 12%).
- 2005: launch of Logan production.
- 2008: launch of Sandero production.
- 2012: launch of Duster production.
- 2013: 1 million assembled vehicles.
- 2015: launch of the industrialization of Logan II and Sandero II.
- 2016: three of the vehicles assembled in our plant are in the top five of the best-selling Colombian vehicles: Sandero, Logan and Duster.
- 2017: Renault - Sofasa consolidated its position as the second sales brand in Colombia.
- 2018: the Company closed 2018 leading the VP + VU automotive market in Colombia, with a 20.2% share ; Four models of the brand were consolidated throughout 2018 in the top of the best sellers in the country. The Renault Logan was the most sold car in the entire Colombian market.
- 2019 : on 27 August, the Renault Sofasa (Envigado, Columbia) plant celebrated its 50th birthday.