Since 1952, the Flins plant has made 20 different models, symbolising Renault’s innovative capacity (Dauphine, Renault 4, Renault 5, etc.).
Re- factory: Discover how the factory takes another turn to become a site entirely dedicated to the circular economy.
- FOUNDED IN: 1952
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: “S.N.C.” (general partnership) with capital of €14,818,044 fully owned by Renault SAS (France)
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly
- WORKFORCE: 2,574 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 237ha, o/w 67 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001
- ADDRESS: Usine de Flins - BP 203 - 78410 Aubergenville - France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 82 68 26
- ZOE, Nissan MICRA
- Clio IV: 41 931 units
- ZOE: 64 061 units
- MICRA (NISSAN): 54 118 units
- 1952: creation of the Flins plant.
- 1956: manufacturing of the Dauphine model begins.
- 1961: manufacturing of the Renault 4 model begins.
- 1972: manufacturing of the Renault 5 model begins.
- 1978: manufacturing of the Renault 18 model begins.
- 1984: manufacturing of the Supercinq model begins.
- 1990: manufacturing of Clio begins.
- 1993: manufacturing of Twingo begins.
- 1994: manufacturing of Twingo (collection 2) begins, featuring the first application of the Easy system (manual gearbox with no clutch pedal).
- 1997: Flins plant becomes a General Partnership (SNC).
- 1998: manufacturing of Clio II and Twingo phase 2 begins.
- 2001: manufacturing of Clio II phase 2 begins.
- 2005: production agreement for Clio III.
- 2006: 2 millionth Twingo.
- 2007: last Twingo manufactured on June 28.
- 2009/2010: resumption of Clio Campus manufacturing, stopped in May 2010.
- 2012: launch of New Clio and ZOE production.
- 2014: production start-up of Clio Initiale Paris.
- 2015: the plant began planning its future production, starting with the new Micra at the end of 2016. The Micra project was launched on 17 September.
- 2016: start of the Nissan Micra production in series.
- 2017: 18 millions of vehicles produced since the plant was founded.
- 2018: doubling of the ZOE capacity.
- 2019: start of production of New ZOE
- 2020 : The Re-FACTORY Flins, Creation of the first European’s leading circular economy factory dedicated to mobility, with a target for a negative CO2 balance by 2030