Opened in 1920, the ACI Renault Le Mans site in north-west France is the Renault group's oldest site.
Renault Le Mans build car-to-ground connecting components for the Renault Group and for the Alliance.
- FOUNDED IN: 1920
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: S.N.C (a form of partnership) with capital of €15,244,900 fully owned by Renault SAS (France)
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains, foundry
- WORKFORCE: 1,811 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 69 ha, o/w 28 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO/TS 16949, label SQR.
- ADDRESS: ACI Renault Le Mans - 15, avenue Pierre Piffault - 72086 Le Mans - France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 86 43 43
- Chassis systems and components (axles, subframes, arms, etc.) and cast parts.
- Rear suspensions: 1 351 450 units
- Front suspensions: 735 666 units
- Foundry: 95 754 tons
- 1920: creation of the Le Mans plant.
- 1993: creation of the Le Mans Foundry (FLM).
- 1997: Le Mans plant becomes a general partnership subsidiary of ACI and takes the name of Renault Le Mans.
- 1998: “Drive line joint” partnership agreement with Japan’s NTN.
- 1999: creation of two general partnerships (SNC): Société Nouvelle de Transmission (80% Renault, 20% NTN) ; Auto Chassis International, grouping together under the same authority all the engineering, manufacturing and marketing resources relating to chassis parts produced for Renault and other carmakers.
- 2000: tractor business placed under the responsibility of Renault Agriculture, with the creation of a Renault Agriculture unit at Le Mans.
- 2004: founding of the Chassis Manufacturing department, to oversee production at all the “chassis” sites.
- 2006: reintegration into Renault's operational departments.
- 2008-2009: new molding site in the foundry.
- 2013: start-up of production of the fixed traverse section (a new part) for the CMF1 platform.
- 2015: over €10 millions invested in modernising the machine-tooling lines.
- 2016: production of the 50 millionth rotor at the Foundry.
- 2017: New Nissan Micra chassis production start-up.
- 2019: finalisation of the machining obsolescence processing plan to guarantee the machining of 10M cast parts.
- 2019/2020: 1st rear cradle for the Captur hybrid PHEV; installation of new ASL (Alliance Standardised Lines) machining lines