Maubeuge Construction Automobile (Nord, France) is entirely dedicated to Kangoo and its van derivatives. After building several generations of Kangoo, the plant is turning to electric vehicles with the production of Kangoo Z.E. The plant is specialised in the production of LCVs in Europe.
- FOUNDED IN: 1969
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société en Nom Collectif (general partnership) with capital of €9,351,568 fully owned by Renault SAS (France)
- ACTIVITY: Building passenger car, LCV (including EV version)
- WORKFORCE: 1,725 employees at 31 December 2019
- AREA: 83,46 ha, o/w 23,8 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: EAQF, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Label RHP
- ADDRESS: Maubeuge Construction Automobile (MCA), BP 20050, 59 604 Maubeuge Cedex, France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 89 54 55
- Kangoo 2, Kangoo 2 ZE, Citan, Nissan NV250
- Kangoo II/Citan: 133,121 units
- Kangoo II ZE: 13,059 units
- Nissan NV250: 3,561 units
- 1969: creation of the Maubeuge plant by the Société des Usines Chausson (SUC), with two manufacturing units (stamping and body-in-white).
- 1971: creation of the Chausson Carrosserie company, 52%-held by the SUC, 24%-held by Renault and 24% by Peugeot. Construction of three new production units: painting, assembly and finishing. The first car rolls off the line (Renault 15 model).
- 1976: integration of stamping and body-in-white units at Chausson Carrosserie.
- 1977: Renault buys out the stakes of Peugeot and the SUC in Chausson Carrosserie, and now holds a 99.9% stake.
- 1981: chausson Carrosserie becomes MCA (Maubeuge Construction Automobile).
- 1989: manufacture of the Express.
- 1993: launch of an industrial redeployment plan for the industrial production of Kangoo 1 at MCA.
- 1997: integration of MCA into the Light Commercial Vehicles division (DVU). Manufacturing of Kangoo and Kangoo Express begins.
- 2003: manufacturing of the Nissan Kubistar (Alliance production) begins. Four-star at the Euro NCAP tests for Kangoo.
- 2007: production approval for New Kangoo.
- 2011: production of Kangoo ZE.
- 2012: production of Daimler Citan.
- 2015: 20 000 Kangoo Z.E. produced since 2011.
- 2017: new Kangoo Z.E. 50% longer battery.
- 2018: awarded production of the new generation Kangoo.
- 2019: commercial release of the Nissan NV250.
- 2020: the milestone of 6,000,000 vehicles produced since 1971 is reached and surpassed