Inaugurated in 2005, the Renault Moscow plant in Russia is dedicated to the production of vehicles of the Alliance Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi. In full expansion, the site currently manufactures 4 vehicle models for the Renault and Nissan brands. It also includes a logistics platform.
- FOUNDED IN: 2005
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Renault
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, logistic platform
- WORKFORCE (PRODUCTION AND OFFICE STAFF): 2,602 at 31 December 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 1 line
- MODELS BUILT: Duster 1, Kaptur, Arkana, Nissan Terrano
- AREA: 56 ha - Production surface : 17,8 ha
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, RHP
- ADDRESS: Renault Russia plant, Volgogradsky prospect, 42, housing 36, 109316 Moscow, Russia
- TELEPHONE: + 7 495 775 40 00
- Kaptur: 34 334 units
- Duster 1: 47 151 units
- Nissan Terrano: 16 253 units
- 1998: creation of Avtoframos, a Russian company under the Russian law and equally owned by Renault and the city of Moscow, produces and sells Renault vehicles in Russia.
- 2003: announcement of a EUR 230 million investment for the production and sales of Logan.
- 2004: construction of the Avtoframos plant and preparation of the launch of Logan.
- 2005: inauguration of the Avtoframos plant. Sales launch of Logan.
- 2008: manufacturing of 200,000th Logan.
- 2010: in March, Renault boosted annual production capacity of the plant to 160,000 units. Production of Renault Sandero and launch of Sandero Stepway.
- 2011: in March, the plant manufactured Mégane Sedan and Fluence in SKD. In December, the plant started the production of Renault Duster.
- 2012: in February, 500 000 cars are fabricated at the plant since its launch. In September, JSC “Avtoframos” now belongs to Renault on 100%.
- 2014: in May plant starts to produce Megane NBI and Nissan Terrano. In August manufactured 200 000th Duster.
- 2015: the Moscow Renault plant celebrated its 10th anniversary.
- 2016: in June, the new crossover Renault Kaptur was launched.
- 2017: in April 2017, Renault Kaptur won the first prize of the All-Russia Za Rulem Grand Prix in the “Contribution to Russia” category.
- 2018: the 2018 was dedicated to preparation of the Renault Arkana production. Renault celebrated the 20 years of actitvities in Russia.
- 2019: Renault Arkana launch.