The Casablanca plant assembles Renault & Dacia vehicles.
|Production (in units)||2016||2017|
|Logan||55 143||38 402|
|Sandero||16 685||37 409|
- 1959: Creation of the Casablanca plant.
- 1966: Signing of an agreement with the Moroccan State for the assembly of Renault vehicles by SOMACA.
- 1996: Signing of the ‘Economical LCV’ agreement with the Moroccan State and manufacturing of the Express model begins.
- 1999: Manufacturing of Kangoo begins.
- 2001: ISO 9002 certification awarded.
- 2003: Manufacturing of Kangoo and Kangoo Express phase 2 begins. Signing of an agreement with the Moroccan State for the acquisition by Renault of 38 % of the SOMACA’s share capital (26 % in September 2003 and 12% at the end of October 2005).
- 2004: Fiat’s industrial activities with SOMACA stopped. Signing of the ‘Renault Kangoo Economical Car’ agreement with the Moroccan government.
- 2005: (April 27) Renault acquired the 20% share in SOMACA held by Fiat. The Renault group thus raised its holding in SOMACA to 54%. (October 27) Renault acquired the 12% share in SOMACA held by the Moroccan State.
- 2006: Renault acquired 14% of the capital of SOMACA, held by private shareholders. Launch of Logan 1.5 dCi
- 2007: Logan exported to plants in France and Spain – Plant receives ISO 14001 certification.
- 2008: Launch of the Long Life Kangoo on the European Market. Launch of the Logan Phase 2.
- 2009: Launch of the Sandero.
- 2010: SOMACA starts producing Sandero Stepway and exports Sandero to Europe and Egypte
- 2011: 50 th Anniversary Celebration
- 2012: Processing X52 Project (Launch of new Sandero and Logan)
- 2013: SOMACA starts producing new Sandero and new Logan
- 2013 : Start of production of Sandero and Sandero Stepway on the second line Tangier 2. Production of the 100 000th car.
- 2014: Important growth of ILN activities sending parts to several plants such as Casablanca, Curitiba, Nissan Chennai …Start of production of : Sandero right hand for UK market, Lodgy Taxi and Lodgy&Dokker Stepway. Production of the 300 000th car.
- 2015: Transition to 3X8.
- 2016: Launch X 52 phase II / Celebration 500,000th Renault vehicle / Signature of the new collective agreement.
- 2017: Inauguration of the wastewater treatment plant.