Assembly of CKD Renault vehicles.
- Clio II, Sandero II, Logan II and Duster.
- 1969: Creation of Sofasa held by Renault and IFI (State organization).
- 1970: Official opening of the Envigado Renault plant in Medellin.
- 1989: Acquisition of the IFI’s stake by Renault, raising its own stake in Sofasa to 98%. Sofasa becomes Sofasa Renault.
- 1990: Sale of 25% stake in Sofasa Renault to Toyota (17.5%) and Mitsui (7.5%) as part of an agreement for the production and distribution of Toyota LCVs.
- 1994: Sale of 51.3% stake in Sofasa Renault to Bavaria, a company of the Santo Domingo group. Sofasa Renault becomes Sofasa SA.
- 1999: Manufacturing of Mégane saloon phase 2 begins.
- 2001: Manufacturing of Clio saloon begins, followed by Clio II.
- 2003: Renault, Toyota and Mitsui acquire the shares held by Bavaria. New shareholding structure of Sofasa SA (Renault 60%, Toyota 28% and Mitsui 12%). ISO 9001-2000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications awarded.
- 2005: Launch of Logan production.
- 2008: Launch of Sandero production.
- 2009: Launch of Stepway production.
- 2012: Launch of Duster production.
- 2013: 1 million assembled vehicles.
- 2014: 45th anniversary of Renault Sofasa.
- 2015: Launch of the industrialization of X52 project vehicles (Logan II, Sandero and Sandero Stepway).
- 2016: Record production, sales and market share. Three of the vehicles assembled in our plant are in the top five of the best-selling Colombian vehicles: New Renault Sandero + New Renault Sandero Stepway, New Renault Logan, New Renault Duster