Manufactured products :
- Engine parts : manifolds and exhaust bends
- Transmission parts: differential housings
- Chassis parts (safety parts) : suspension arms and rocket carriers
|Cast iron||24 300||21 100||18 600|
- 1965: The foundation stone of the plant was laid by French Prime Minister Georges Pompidou.
- 1966: The first casting line started work on 1 July. Eventually, a total of four casting lines would come into operation, supplied by 11 four-tonne MF electric fusion kilns.
- 1972: First modernisation operation, with one of the first four casting lines replaced by the Spomatic casting line, supplied by four BF electric fusion kilns, each weighing 25 tonnes.
- 1979: Start-up of the Gimat casting line, supplied by two 25-tonne PF electric fusion kilns and the Disamatic casting line, replacing the old lines.
- 1996: Six Comau machine-tooling centres brought into operation.
- 1999: The foundry was attached to the Teksid (Fiat)group.
- 2000: The machine-tooling building was extended and 11 Heller centres were installed.
- 2009: On 1 October Renault took over the staff and manufacturing equipment in a 100%-owned subsidiary, the Brittany Foundry, which was chosen to supply crude kingpins for the B-segment and entry-level ranges.
- 2011: Groupe Renault announced a plan to modernise the foundry, including installation of a new casting line to replace the Spo. The Disamatic line was taken out of use.
- 2012: Start-up of production of machine-tooled fifth-generation K9K engines.
- 2013: The plan to improve working conditions and ergonomy was speeded up. Start-up of civil engineering work before the arrival of a new line.
- 2014: Start-up of production of kingpins for New Trafic, New Twingo and Smart (crude X82 and X07).
- 2015: Arrival of a new automated finishing stand.
- 2016: Start-up of the new Künkel-Wagner casting line, which took over production from the Spo line (kingpins, suspension links, casings), and took on other parts such as crankshafts for the H4 engine. The Heller machine-tooling workshop was modernised and the capacity of fifth-generation and sixth-generation K9K collectors was increased.
- 2017: Launch of the pre-machining project with the implanation of 4 towers (assignment of 4 housings references).