The Cormecanica plant produces gearboxes intended primarily for countries in the Americas region (Brazil, Argentina and Colombia).
- FOUNDED IN:1969
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Limited company owned by Renault SAS (99,9%) and Renault Industrial and Commercial (0,1%)
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains
- WORKFORCE: 427 employees at December 31, 2018
- AREA: 9 ha o/w 1.1 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and SMR label
- ADDRESS: Cormecanica Plant, Rue San Rafael n° 1769, Casilla Correo: 11-A, 2100837 Los Andes, Chile
- TELEPHONE: + 56 34 42 20 99
- Gearboxes: JHQ, JRQ, SG1
- Gearboxes: 322 147 units
- 1968: creation of Industria Automotriz Renault Chile, a Renault subsidiary. Assembly of the Renault 4L model at the Arica plant.
- 1969: creation of the Cormecanica plant in Los Andes.
- 1971: activities transferred from Arica to Los Andes plant, which assembles first the Renault 4L model and then the Renault 12 model.
- 1979: manufacturing of the Renault 18 model by Automotores Franco Chilena begins.
- 1980: the Cormecanica plant becomes a Renault operation.
- 1991: local vehicle production discontinued.
- 2004: start of operations of the “Importer countries” division in Chile.
- 2008: beginning of machining of JH gearbox housing in Cormecanica.
- 2010: production of JH3 gearbox for Fluence and JB3 for Symbol in Argentina.
- 2012: the Groupe Renault's 50 millionth J gearbox is manufactured in Cormecanica.
- 2016: 5 millions gearboxes manufactured. Production of first gearbox SG1.
- 2019: 6 millions gearboxes manufactured ; 50th aniversary of the plant.