The plant produces vehicles of range I.
|Production (in units)||2016||2017|
|Twingo/Smart||133 559||132 853|
- 1955: Plant founded
- 1969: Signing of an industrial cooperation contract with Litostroj for the assembly of the Renault 4, the Renault 6 and the Renault 16 models.
- 1972: Signing of an industrial cooperation contract with IMV.
- 1989: Creation of Revoz, Limited Company held by Renault and IMV which introduces the Renault 5 model in Slovenia.
- 1992: Renault takes a controlling interest in Revoz by raising its stake to 54%.
- 1997: Manufacturing of Clio I begins.
- 1998: Manufacturing of Clio II begins.
- 2004: Renault buys the remaining shares of Revoz and becomes its exclusive owner.
- 2007: Production of New Twingo has started at the Novo Mesto plant.
- 2008: Launch of Twingo RS production.
- 2009: Preparation for the production of a new vehicle “niche”.
- 2010: Manufacturing of Wind begins. The plant is assigned a new project launched within the partnership between the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler from Germany.
- 2011: The New Renault Twingo is revealed on the Frankfurt Motor show, the serial production of this model begins in mid-october.
- 2013 : Investment work completed for the Edison project (Twingo III and Smart For Four)
- 2014 : Start-up of current production of Twingo III in early May; start-up of current production of the Smart For Four at the end of September.
- 2015 : Clio II stopped after 18 years of production
- 2016 : Launch of production of Smart Forfour EV, the plant's first electric model
- 2017 : Launch of production of Clio IV