The Renault Algérie Production plant is a robust cooperative initiative between Renault and Algeria that gives birth to an automotive industry in Algeria, the second-largest automotive market on the African continent. The plant produces New Renault Symbol with an annual production capacity of 25,000, which may in the long-term be increased to 75,000. New Renault Symbol made in Algeria is the first vehicle in Algeria to be equipped with a GPS. New Renault Symbol made in Algeria will be marketed as Symbol “Extrême”, a name clearly distinguishing it as the high-end Symbol model.
- FOUNDED IN: 2014
- WORKFORCE (PRODUCTION AND OFFICE STAFF): NC
- PRODUCTION LINES: 1
- MODELS BUILT: Logan/Symbol 2, Sandero 2, Clio 4
- AREA: 150 ha
- CERTIFICATIONS: UTAC ISO 9001
- ADDRESS: Zone Industrielle de Oued Tlelat, BP151, 31140 Oran Algérie
- Logan Symbol 2: 23 837 units
- Sandero 2: 33 302 units
- Clio 4: 13 458 units
- 2013 : creation of the "Renault Algérie Production" company on 31 January and start of building work on the site at Oued Tlelat (near Oran) in September.
- 2014 : plant inaugurated on 10 November and production of the Symbol begins.
- 2015 : first open-door days at the plant and a second shift starts.
- 2016 : production of the Sandero Stepway begins and a third shift starts.
- 2017 : subcontracting agreement signed with over 200 local and international suppliers; 100,000th vehicle produced.