Within the Alliance, the Société de Transmission Automatique (STA) is the only production unit in Europe making automatic gearboxes.
Main products :
- Renault automatic gearboxes
- Parts kits for PSA automatic gearbox
|Production (in units)||2016||2017|
|Automatic gearboxes Renault||147 146||128 290|
- 1970: Creation of the Ruitz plant.
- 1971: Manufacturing of the first 3-speed automatic gearbox for the Renault 16 model begins.
- 1975-1982: Successive start-ups of the 3-speed automatic gearboxes for the Renault 30, the Renault 25 and the Renault 19 models.
- 1988: Manufacturing of a new family of 4-speed automatic gearboxes begins, in partnership with Volkswagen (longitudinal AR4 type for the Renault 25 model).
- 1994: ISO 9002 certification awarded.
- 1997: Manufacturing of a new family of 4-speed automatic gearboxes begins, in partnership with Peugeot (DP0 type, 210 Nm).
- 1999: ISO 14001 certification awarded.
- 2000: Manufacturing of the gear production for the new Renault 2.2 l. dCi diesel engine begins.
- 2001: Manufacturing of a heavy-duty version of the Proactive gearbox (250 Nm) begins.
- 2002: Planet gear manufacture for Renault manual gearboxes.
- 2005: Proactive DP0 transmission adapted to new 1.9 dCi engine.
- 2007: Delivery of first DP0 gearboxes for Chinese manufacturer Chery.
- 2009: Adaptation of Proactive DPO box on Logan. Delivery of the 1st boxes DP2.
- 2010: Manufacturing of the millionth DP (automatic gearbox).
- 2012: First satellite escape-pinion J built on the new AREF press
- 2013: Installation of PS1 and PS2 robots.
- 2014: “Cooperative robot” equipped with a clamp installed (a first for Renault).
- 2015: Service agreement signed with Jatco for Nissan CVT (continuously variable transmission) units.
- 2016: 1.600 visitors during the Open Days to celebrate the plant's 45th anniversary
- 2017: As a part of the Alliance synergies, signature of a new agreement with Jacto for a gearbox analysis service
- 2018: In March, inauguration of new installations ( a Mechanical Prototype Realisation Centre and endurance test benches)