Sevilla plant produces more than a quarter of Renault's gearboxes worldwide
Manufactured products :
- Manual gearbox JHQ, JH Base, TL4, JE3 et JS3
|Production (in units)||2016||2017|
|Manual gearboxes||1 074 534||1 194 742|
- 1951: Creation of the Fabrication Automobiles SA company (FASA).
- 1965: Creation of the Sevilla plant.
- 1983: Series production of JB 4/5 gearbox begins.
- 1990: Series production of JB 0/1 gearbox. The plant produces its 7,000,000th Renault gearbox.
- 2001: Spherical Differential Casing production begins.
- 2002: Start-up of new phosphate treatment and shotblasting systems.
- 2003: Conversion of the assembly line to handle both JB and JH gearboxes.
- 2004: The plant produces its 15 millionth Renault gearbox.
- 2005: Start of production of the TL4 gearbox, the first Renault-Nissan Alliance gearbox.
- 2007: The plant topped the 18 million gearbox mark in output for Renault vehicles, all types. Seville is now Renault’s biggest plant in terms of gearbox output. The rated output for the TL4 gearbox is 2,000 units/daily.
- 2008: 1 million TL4 gearboxes produced.
- 2009: 19,000,000 gearboxes produced in the plant (year to date).
- 2010 : 20,000,000 gearboxes produced in the plant (year to date).
- 2011: 2 million TL4 gearboxes produced
- 2011: 21,000,000 gearboxes produced
- 2011: Manufacturing approval of the JH Base gearbox
- 2011: JH base gearbox start of production.
- 2011: Record of production : 1 million gearboxes produced in one year
- 2012: 22,000,000 gearboxes produced in the plant (year to date).
- 2012: Inauguration of a new flexible line
- 2013: 23 million gearboxes produced.
- 2014: Go-ahead given to produce the semi-robotised JE3 and JS3 gearboxes. New training centre opens
- 2015: 25 million gearboxes produced.
- 2016: Signature Renault Espana Industrial Plan, with tendering of new tx30 and tx26 projects
- 2017: 27 million gearboxes produced