As part of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain France Division, the Auto Châssis International Villeurbanne factory manufactures axle assemblies for the Alliance.
- FOUNDED IN: 1970 (SMV), 1999 (ACI)
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société en Nom Collectif (general partnership) fully owned by ACI
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains
- WORKFORCE: 215 at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 13 lines
- AREA: 52,6 ha, o/w 39 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, label SMSSCT
- ADDRESS: ACI Villeurbanne - 10, rue du Pérou - 69603 Villeurbanne - France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 87 71 22
- Front and rear suspensions
- Suspensions arms
- Stub axles
- Hub-drums and wheel hubs
- Front suspensions: 306 651 vehicles
- 1970: creation of the Société Mécanique de Villeurbanne (SMV), Limited Company subsidiary of Renault.
- 1999: integration of SMV into ACI.
- 2001: SMV becomes an ACI subsidiary and takes the name of ACI Villeurbanne.
- 2004: founding of the Chassis Manufacturing department, to oversee production at all the “chassis” sites.
- 2010: production of components for New Master.
- 2012: production of of stub axle carriers for Duster.
- 2014: production of components for New Trafic.
- 2015: packaging work boosted and the Lean project launched.
- 2016: deployment of Lean on packaging.
- 2017: deployment of Lean on serial activity.
- 2018: launch of the ACI 2023 project.