Within the Industrial Chassis Departement, related to the Manifacturing & Logistic Europe Departement, the Auto Chassi International Villeurbannne plant manufactures ground connection systems for the Alliance.
Main products :
- Front and rear suspensions
- Suspensions arms
- Stub axles
- hub-drums and wheel hubs
|Production (in units)||2016||2017|
|Front suspensions||305 486||302 658|
- 1970: Creation of the Société Mécanique de Villeurbanne (SMV), Limited Company subsidiary of Renault.
- 1999: Integration of SMV into ACI.
- 2001: SMV becomes an ACI subsidiary and takes the name of ACI Villeurbanne.
- 2004: Founding of the Chassis Manufacturing department, to oversee production at all the “chassis” sites.
- 2005: The structure of ACI changes, concerning the attachment of some departments. For example, the purchasing department of ACI is now attached to the joint Renault Nissan RNPO purchasing organization.
- 2010: Production of components for New Master (X62)
- 2012: Production of PF Duster (H79)
- 2014: Production of components for New Trafic (X82)
- 2015: Packaging work boosted and the Lean project launched.
- 2016: Deployment of Lean on packaging
- 2017: Deployment of Lean on serial activity