Société de Transmission Automatique (STA) is the only Alliance manufacturer of automatic gearboxes located in Europe. Founded in 1970, STA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault. It produces the multimode gearbox that will be fitted to the E-TECH versions of the Clio, Captur and Mégane hybrids.
- FOUNDED IN: 1970
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: S.A (public limited company) 100% owned by Renault
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains
- WORKFORCE: 466 employees at December 31, 2018
- AREA: 49 ha, o/w 10 ha of built-up area
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, RMS and HPR labels.
- ADDRESS: STA Ruitz, Zone Industrielle de Ruitz, secteur le Moulin, Route d'Houchin, 62620 Ruitz, France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 89 46 00
- Renault automatic gearboxes
- Parts kits for PSA automatic gearbox
- Automatic gearboxes Renault: 110 007 units
- 1970: creation of the Ruitz plant.
- 1971: manufacturing of the first 3-speed automatic gearbox for the Renault 16 model begins.
- 1975-1982: successive start-ups of the 3-speed automatic gearboxes for the Renault 30, the Renault 25 and the Renault 19 models.
- 1988: manufacturing of a new family of 4-speed automatic gearboxes begins, in partnership with Volkswagen.
- 1997: manufacturing of a new family of 4-speed automatic gearboxes begins, in partnership with Peugeot (DP0 type, 210 Nm).
- 2000: manufacturing of the gear production for the new Renault 2.2 l. dCi diesel engine begins.
- 2002: planet gear manufacture for Renault manual gearboxes.
- 2003: start of deliveries of the Proactive gearbox to Nissan Mexico.
- 2007: delivery of first DP0 gearboxes for Chinese manufacturer Chery.
- 2009: delivery of the 1st boxes DP2.
- 2010: manufacturing of the millionth DP (automatic gearbox).
- 2012: production of te first parts for the DP8 automatic gearbox.
- 2013: change to shareholdings: Renault buys the 20% held previously by PSA and STA becomes a 100% subsidiary.
- 2014: "Cooperative robot" equipped with a clamp installed (a first for Renault).
- 2015: service agreement signed with Jatco for Nissan CVT (continuously variable transmission) units.
- 2016: Open Days to celebrate the plant's 45th anniversary.
- 2017: as a part of the Alliance synergies, signature of a new agreement with Jatco for a gearbox analysis service.
- 2018: In March, inauguration of new installations (a Mechanical Prototype Realisation Centre and endurance test benches).