The bodywork/assembly factory at Sandouville (Haute-Normandie, France) has been operating since 1964, and over 50 years it produced most of Renault’s top of the range vehicles. It is now specialising in the manufacture of light utility vehicles, producing the Trafic in all of its versions, from the flatbed to the SpaceClass.
- FOUNDED IN: 1964
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: S.N.C, Société en Nom Collectif (general partnership) with capital of €14, 962,871
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly
- WORKFORCE: 1,848 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 152 ha, o/w 60 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001 version 2000
- ADDRESS: Usine Renault de Sandouville, ZI Portuaire du Havre, BP 134, Le Havre cedex, France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 82 15 15
- Models : Trafic 3, Nissan NV300, Mitsubishi Express, Fiat Talento
- Trafic 3: 101 234 units
- Nissan NV300: 7 394 units
- Others: 23 603 units
- 1964: creation of the Sandouville plant.
- 1965: manufacturing of the Renault 16 model begins.
- 1970: manufacturing of the Renault 12 model begins ; inauguration of the press workshop.
- 1972: manufacturing of the Renault 15 and Renault 17 models begins.
- 1975: manufacturing of the Renault 30 model begins.
- 1976: manufacturing of the Renault 20 model begins.
- 1978: manufacturing of the Renault 18 model begins.
- 1984: manufacturing of the Renault 25 model begins.
- 1986: manufacturing of the Renault 21 model begins.
- 1992: manufacturing of Safrane begins.
- 1994: manufacturing of Laguna begins.
- 1995: manufacturing of Laguna Nevada begins.
- 2000: manufacturing of Laguna II begins.
- 2001: manufacturing of Vel Satis begins.
- 2002: manufacturing of Espace IV begins.
- 2007: launch of the Laguna III Sedan & Estate production.
- 2008: commercial vehicles project announced.
- 2009: Vel Satis production ceased.
- 2010-2012: the plant carried out work costing €230 million with a view to manufacturing New Trafic.
- 2012: solar panels fitted to the new vehicle fleet.
- 2014: inauguration of the assembly line and launch ot the New Trafic; celebration of the plant's 50th anniversary.
- 2015: announcement of partnerships with GM and Fiat.
- 2016: production rate increase. Partnership with Nissan announced.
- 2017: year production record: 135 370 vehicles, launch of the Trafic SpaceClass.
- 2018: 400,000th Trafic produced, handed over to the customer in the plant.
- 2019: 55 years of the plant and production of the 500,000th Traffic handed over to a young artisan from the Le Havre region
- 2020: 1st site to produce a vehicle for the 3 Alliance brands Renault - Nissan - Mistubishi
End 2020: launch of Traffic Phase 2