Opened in 2008, Renault Design América Latina is a Renault design center based in São Paulo, whose main remit is to adapt the design of Renault Group vehicles to the reality and requirements of the Latin American market.
- The centre employs 14 experts from different countries, mostly Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia) and France.
- Director: Massimo Barbieri.
One of the Renault Group’s five design centres: the main design centre is based in France (Technocentre in Guyancourt, near Paris), and the other four in strategic regions: South Korea (Renault Samsung Design Kihueng near Seoul), India (Renault Design India in Mumbai), Romania (Renault Design Central Europe in Bucarest) and Brazil (Renault Design América Latina in São Paulo).
- Adapt the Renault Group’s models to the aspirations of the Latin American market (e.g. Sandero, Duster)
- Compete in international projects (e.g. Lodgy)
- Develop concept cars and show cars for local motor shows (e.g. Sand’Up and Sandero Stepway Concept)
Main completed projects
- The concept car (*) Sand’Up (2008)
- The show car (*) Sandero Stepway Concept (2010)
- Restyling of Sandero and Sandero Stepway (2011)
- Adaptation of Duster (2011)
- Adaptation of Clio (2012)