The Seville plant has been building gearboxes for Renault, Dacia, Nissan, Lada and Daimler models for more than 60 years. Today, it provides 33% of Groupe Renault requirements and exports 80% of its production to more than thirty Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance plants around the world. In May 2019, it celebrated the production of its 29 millionth gearbox.
- FOUNDED IN: 1965
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Private company (Société anonyme) 100% owned by Renault
- ACTIVITY: Engineering
- WORKFORCE: 1,132 employees at 31 December 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 86 lines
- AREA: 211 842 ha
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, Labels SMR and RHP
- ADDRESS: Renault Sevilla, Medina y Galnares, 62, 41015 Sevilla, Spain
- TELEPHONE: + 34 954 50 50 00
- Manual gearbox JHQ, JH Base, TL4, TL6, JE3 et JS3 (semi-robotised).
- Manual gearbox: 1 093 276 units
- 1951: creation of the Fabrication Automobiles SA company (FASA).
- 1965: creation of the Sevilla plant.
- 1983: series production of JB 4/5 gearbox begins.
- 1990: series production of JB 0/1 gearbox.
- 2001: spherical Differential Casing production begins.
- 2003: conversion of the assembly line to handle both JB and JH gearboxes.
- 2005: start of production of the TL4 gearbox, the first Alliance gearbox.
- 2010 : 20,000,000 gearboxes produced.
- 2011: JH base gearbox start of production. Record of production : 1 million gearboxes produced in one year.
- 2012: inauguration of a new crankcase machining line.
- 2014: go-ahead given to produce the semi-robotised JE3 and JS3 gearboxes. New training centre opens
- 2015: 25 million gearboxes produced.
- 2016: signature Renault Espana Industrial Plan and announcement of new tx30 and tx26 projects.
- 2018: manufacturing agreement and start of mass production of the Tx26 and TX30 (TL6) gearboxes.