The Renault plant in Tangier (Morocco) opened in 2012. As a partnership between the Kingdom of Morocco, Renault and Veolia Environnement, this industrial site has fundamentally changed the world of the automotive industry by being both zero carbon and zero industrial liquid emissions.
- FOUNDED IN: 2008
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: S.A. Caisse de Dépôt et de Gestion 47.6%, Renault SAS 52.4% of the capital of Renault Tanger Méditerranée
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, logistic platform, chassis and sub assembly
- WORKFORCE: 6,748 employees at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 2 lines
- MODELS BUILT: Lodgy, Sandero, Sandero Stepway, Dokker, Logan MCV
- AREA: 300 hectares, o/w 220 hectares of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: Plant with zero emission, ISO 9001, ISO 14 001, RHP label (Highly Protected Risk)
- ADDRESS: Renault Tanger Méditerranée, Zone Franche de Melloussa, Tanger, Morocco
- Lodgy: 33 483 units
- Sandero 2: 168 686 units
- Dokker: 96 627 units
- Logan 2 MCV: 19 856 units
- September 1st, 2007: signature of a protocole for the creation of Renault Tanger Méditerranée with HM King Mohamed VI.
- January 16, 2008: creation of Renault Tanger Méditerranée and signature of the Exectuive Agreement with Moroccan government.
- October 30, 2008: signature of a convention between moroccan authorities and Renault Tanger Mediterranée for the creation of a training centre for automotive industry.
- 2009: an official ceremony marks the closure of leveling works and the start of the building of Renault Tanger Méditerranée.
- 2010: stamping building first pole and Renault Nissan Tanger Green plant reveal in June; 1st Industrial process entry into the industrial buildings stamping in september.
- 2011: inauguration of the Institute for vocational training in the automotive industry Tanger-Med in March; plant handover and entry of the new vehicle to plant Lodgy in July.
- 2012: start of production for Lodgy in january and revealed on the occasion of the plant inauguration by King Mohamed VI ; Start of production of Dokker & Dokker Van in May.
- 2013: start of production of Sandero and Sandero Stepway.
- 2014: start of production of Sandero right hand for UK market, Lodgy Taxi and Lodgy & Dokker Stepway.
- 2015: as a mother plant, Renault-Nissan Tangier supports the Chennai plant to start up Lodgy in India. Production of the 500 000th car.
- 2016: Renault Group Morocco receives its suppliers in Tangier & signs agreements with the government to strenghten its ecosystem.
- 2017: 1 000 000 vehicles manufactured at the Renault plant in Tangier.
- 2018: new annual production record with 318,600 vehicles product on Renault Tangier site's lines.