Built in 1953, the assembly unit in Valladolid was Renault ‘s first plant in Spain. It has been greatly transformed over time to remain competitive and adapt to the different vehicles that it has produced. Recently, the plant has adapted its installations to start mass production of the New Captur.
- FOUNDED IN: 1962 (bodywork), 1972 (assembly)
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company) fully owned by Renault España SA
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly
- WORKFORCE: 3,856 at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 2 lines
- MODELS BUILT: Captur, Twizy
- AREA: 100 ha, o/w 43 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- ADDRESS: Factoria de Renault, Avenida de Madrid No. 19, 47008 Valladolid, Spain
- TELEPHONE: + 34 983 41 60 00
- Twizy: 5 304 units
- Captur: 229 741 units
- 1951: creation of the Fabrication Automobiles SA company (FASA).
- 1953: 4 CV start of production.
- 1962: creation of the assembly plant, under the name FACSA (Fabrication Carrosseries SA).
- 1972: creation of the bodywork plant ; Renault 5 start of production.
- 1989: Clio I start of production.
- 1995: bodywork and assembly activities are grouped together into the Assembly plant of Valladolid.
- 1997: Clio II start of production.
- 2003: launch of Modus production.
- 2006: start-up for Clio III production.
- 2008: inauguration of solar energy facilities.
- 2011: ZE building dedicated to production of the Twizy inaugurated, production begins in 2012.
- 2013: the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, and Carlos Ghosn inaugurate the Captur’s line.
- 2015: 500.000th Captur manufactured at Valladolid, Captur exported to China, renamed Kabin.
- 2017: 1.000.000 Capturs manufactured.
- 2018: conversion of the plant in preparation for Captur 2.
- 2019: production of the 1,500,000th Captur.