The Valladolid Motores plant is dedicated to the manufacture of petrol and diesel engines and various mechanical parts. It produces 40% of all engines for Groupe Renault and exports almost 70% of its output to five continents, including to Groupe Renault partners (Nissan and Mercedes in particular).
- FOUNDED IN: 1970
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company) fully owned by Renault Espana SA
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains
- WORKFORCE: 2,400 at December 31, 2018
- PRODUCTION LINES: 5 foundry lines (Aluminium Injection) + 23 machining lines + 3 engine assembly lines
- AREA: 288 000 m² of total area
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, HPR, EFQM and SMR labels
- ADDRESS: Renault Valladolid Motores, Avenida de Madrid n°19, 47008 Valladolid, Spain
- TELEPHONE: + 34 983 41 60 00
- Engines: K9, H4 (HR09, HR10), H5 (HR12, HR13)
- Spare parts (crankcase, cylinder heads, crankshafts, flywheels, camshafts, connecting rods)
- Engines: 1 438 202 units
- 1951: creation of the Fabrications Automobiles SA company (FASA).
- 1964: creation of the powertrain plant, under the name FAMESA (Fabrication Mécanique SA).
- 1998: start up for the K4 (16 valves) engine production.
- 2001: start up for the 1.5 dCi engine production.
- 2004: new engine production record: 1,071,018 units.
- 2005: manufacturing approval for the K9K Euro 4 step 2 engine.
- 2009: launch of H4J (TCe 130) engine. 6 millions of K9 engine produced.
- 2011: 20 millions engine produced. Manufacturing approval for the K9 Gen6 (Energy dCi 110).
- 2012: launch of Energy K9 dCi 90, TCe 115 engine and K9K 450 production for Daimler
- 2015: Valladolid Motores celebrates its 50th anniversary and its 25th engines.
- 2017: launch of new generations of diesel (K9g8) and petrol (HR12, co-developed with Daimler) engines.
- 2018: new High-Pressure Aluminium Injection unit for Cylinder Blocks. Launch of new HR10 (1.0 TCe) and HR13 (1.3 TCe) petrol engines.