As part of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain France Division, the Auto Châssis International Villeurbanne factory manufactures axle assemblies for the Alliance on its historic site of Villeurbanne and is developing activities called tooling on its new site of Meyzieu opened in 2020.
- FOUNDED IN: 1970 (SMV), 1999 (ACI)
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société en Nom Collectif (general partnership) fully owned by ACI
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains, tooling
- WORKFORCE: 192 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: Villeurbanne : 5 ha o/w 3,5 ha of covered buildings
Meyzieu : 1 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, label SMSSCT
- ADDRESS: ACI Villeurbanne - 10, rue du Pérou - 69603 Villeurbanne - France
- TELEPHONE: + 33 1 76 87 71 22
- Villeurbanne : Front trains, suspension arms, rocket carriers. packaging of parts
- Meyzieu: 3D printing, retrofitting of installations, unit machining, prototyping, etc.
- Front suspensions: 295 087 vehicles
- 1970: creation of the Société Mécanique de Villeurbanne (SMV), Limited Company subsidiary of Renault.
- 1999: integration of SMV into ACI.
- 2001: SMV becomes an ACI subsidiary and takes the name of ACI Villeurbanne.
- 2004: founding of the Chassis Manufacturing department, to oversee production at all the “chassis” sites.
- 2010: production of components for New Master.
- 2012: production of of stub axle carriers for Duster.
- 2014: production of components for New Trafic.
- 2015: packaging work boosted and the Lean project launched.
- 2016: deployment of Lean on packaging.
- 2017: deployment of Lean on serial activity.
- 2018: launch of the ACI 2023 project.
- 2020: opening of the Meyzieu site